1. DIRTY Power!!! If your generator is NOT running at 3600 rpm, you are producing dirty power. Dirty power burns circuit boards in computers, LED TV’s, Dishwashers, Dryer’s,Fridges, wifi routers, etc… Just about everything has a computer in it now a days. Average appliance repair can range from $300 to $1,000. 3600 rpm = Clean Power.
2. Dead or Low Batteries are a BIG problem. Many customers forget about their generator battery. Battery Load testing is the only way to properly test your battery and ensure your generator will start on a seconds’ notice. We have the proper Battery Load Tester to load test your battery accurately. A dead battery means you have a dead generator.
3. Everyone forgets the Automatic Transfer Switch. The ATS needs maintenance too. Springs, coils, contacts and fuses need cleaning and lubricating. Don’t Forget your Transfer Switch.
4. First Power Generators has the password to access to the “black box” information in your Generator. Reading and adjusting this important data will will save you future headaches, time and money. Many problems can be avoided by adjusting the password protected data in the black box.
5. Generators are NOT the same as Cars. Generators are silent and don’t run for 99% of the time until the power fails. Since we live in Canada, generators experience temperature ranges from -30C to +30C and this creates condensation (water) in the oil. Since generators don't run frequently (like a car) the water does NOT burn off and it builds inside your expensive generator. This will greatly reduce the lifespan of your generator.
6. Everyone (including us) expects their generator to start immediately when the next power failure happens. Maintenance is the only way you can ensure your generators will start on a seconds notice during the next power outage.